Old 11-28-2010, 01:37 PM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by purplefiend
I pieced,free motion quilted and sewed the binding with my Singer 237 treadle(zig zag). Its a great machine for FMQ.
Sharon W. in Texas
Sharon you are another of the very talented people on this forum! Very pretty quilt -- and another example of one of the very talented people who can use their treadles! I will be there some day!

Nancy
Thank you very much Nancy! I've been treadling since 2007 and am a member of Treadle On. We use our machines and do several block exchanges yearly.
Sharon W.
Sharon,
I have read through some of your posts just to look at your work. From your posts, I have learned some interesting things. Something so simple as the bobbin thread can be used on the top. I'm presently quilting the next project; I wanted to use red thread on top and white on bottom, but my remaining red was on a bobbin. I had never thought of setting the bobbin on top until seeing one of your posts ( it was a duh moment for me). My favorite of your tips and tricks is the headlamp over your machine for lighting. It is wonderful to find other quilters who do use their treadles and I just love this site. Sharon, I love that pinwheel quilt that you made; the fabric goes well together.