View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 11:21 PM
knlsmith

Originally Posted by Boscobd
Originally Posted by knlsmith
Someone mentioned tissue paper earlier. ..what if u used spray baste or a few dots of Elmer's glue here and there with tissue paper? Might work for our friends who don't have press and seal. I may try it too. Anyone try it?
I use tissue paper for transferring quilting designs. I just use pins to hold it in place and haven't had any issues with this method. Sometimes the tissue paper wrinkles a bit, but in the end product, it's not noticeable.
I recommend using dark colored paper with "white" lead for the design if quilting on very light fabric with light thread as the graphite color lead will transfer onto the thread and into the fabric. I use white tissue paper and graphite lead for dark thread/fabric. Also, you can iron/press the tissue paper to get the creases out before using. A pair of sharp right angle tweezers works very well for getting the tissue paper out of small spaces after quilting.
Thanks for all the info. If work ever slows down I have 4 tops to get quilted and will try this