View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 05:44 AM
quiltmaker101

I received a sewing machine for Christmas when I was 12. It was absolutely the last thing I wanted, but my mom, aunt and grandmother all sewed, so it was my turn to learn.

I did the required Home Ec sewing class but never really liked making things til I was pregnant with my son and I hated the store bought maternity clothes. I made the nursery set also, and clothes for both my kids til they were about 4. One day the kids and I wandered into a shop called Piecemakers to see what it was. It was a quilt shop and I could not believe how much $$ they wanted for the consigned quilts. I loved how all the different fabrics got put together, but being a busy working mom, I didn't even consider taking up a hobby. It must have been a seed planted though because in 2003 I saw a quilt book and I knew I just had to make the one on the cover. A nurse I worked with wanted to learn to quilt also, so we signed up for a local beginners class, and I have been addicted ever since!

By the way, my mom, aunt and grandmother had all quit sewing when I started making quilts! I got my aunt started making quilts and now she is addicted too.

This is the second quilt I made. The one that inspired me to learn to quilt. It gave it to my mother.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]16715[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-16715.jpe