Old 11-29-2010, 06:18 AM
bearisgray
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ginnie6
Walked in the bedroom yesterday to find my ds sitting in the floor happily cutting up scraps! he's 5! I have told him that that is not a toy and he knows he's not supposed to touch it. The temptation is just too great though. He was also cutting on the hardwood floor (can you see me cringing?) Maybe though he will be a quilter. he already says that when he is grown up he is going to have 9 kids......2 girls and 7 boys. he also knows how many of each kind of animal he wants to have lol! Anyone else have to hide the cutter from the kids? Maybe I will help him cut some squares out and sew them up later this week. maybe that will satisfy his need to cut!
If he managed to "play" with the cutter without hurting himself - it probably would be an excellent idea to have him do it "the right way" and "in the right place" - and be all grown-up.

I don't know if it's true or not - but I've heard of very young children working in sewing factories - so - try it and see what happens. With supervision this time!