Old 10-10-2008, 09:56 AM
Baren*eh*ked_canadian

Ok, so long story short, my brother's girlfriend is pregnant. I have not spoken to them since my brother dropped the bomb in June. This week my mother finally cornered me and I guess I've finally come to terms with this pregnancy and their decision to keep it... By the way, it's a boy! I still haven't spoken to my brother, but my mother thinks they want to ask us to be the godparents. I had planned on making an I spy quilt for when the baby is born, but I will probably have to come up with some kind of shower gift too. I have no money (saving for my wedding) and don't want to give them something dinky or lame, but I figure I can make some kind of quilt anyway.
This is where you folks come in... WHAT do I make them? I was thinking of using flannelette fabric, but I saw this really awesome original winnie the pooh cotton fabric at work (my second job is at a fabric store...DANGEROUS!) but I just don't know what to do with it. I'm open to suggestions for block patterns, anything, really.

I'm starting to collect fabric for the I spy quilt, I think I've finally decided on a theme.

ETA: Ok, sorry, that was supposed to be short, but even the abbreviated version is long!