View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 01:46 PM
Quiltforme

Some of you know that i make quilts for a non profit. I don't like to promote my non profit we are a recognized charity and I don't want anyone to think it is the only reason I joined the board but we are a support to our local heros and I make quilts for the families. A few months ago I sent letters to all of the fabric manufactuers asking for a donation of fabric I figured it was a long shot and after a few months went I decided to not worry about it if it was meant to be it would. I did get one letter stating that because of the massive request that they decided to give to one cause. Which for me was fine I knew all I had to do was ask.
On Saturday I went to get the mail and found we had a package both my husband and I could not figure out what it was for so we had to wait till today to pick it up.(So all weekend under I was getting ready to yell at my husband for purchasing something from an infomercial and "forgetting" to tell me) Then the lady behind the counter came out with a box so big could barely carry it which scared me because how was I going to get this package to my car. Then I saw the return lable it was from one of the manufactureres I sent a letter to. I could not believe my eyes I looked at the lady and said do you know what this is!!! Of course she didn't I said it is fabric!!! the company sent us fabric!!!! Needless to say my mood went from painful morning to joyful afternoon!!!! I cannot believe the beautiful fabric they sent many yards of fabric and all of it is excatly what I needed to make our quilts. Today of all days for this to come it happens to be the anniversary of a horrific murder of 4 of our Officers. You might have heard of the Lakewood 4 Police officers they were ambused in a coffee house. It still just as hard for these families I have made 2 quilts so far and this fabric will go to make quilts for 2 of the officers. I am so humbled at their gift I have been trying to figure out how I was going to back some of the quilts tops I have. They managed to get every branch of the Heros we help! What a joy to share with you!

The 2 dark fabrics are bolts and the rest is yards of material!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]135836[/ATTACH]

Some playful fabric they added
[ATTACH=CONFIG]135837[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-135830.jpe   attachment-135831.jpe   attachment-135832.jpe