Old 10-10-2008, 11:24 AM
shellyp

Went to Winterset. Went by the Fons & Porter store. Marianne was there working and taking pics with people. I forgot my camera at home. I found out exactly where the warehouse was. The town was busy, busy. There were a couple charter buses with quilters. So went to Ben Franklin. Found the Snow Show fabric I've been eyeing online for awhile now. I'll go back sometime and get that! Went to the warehouse.....OMG it was packed. I walked around the room and found out how things were working...get in line, then after things are cut, ask for the bolt, while eyeing what others have in their stacks. They had 4 people cutting and a long line at the register. It took me 2 hours of standing in lines to get out of there!!! I got what was left on all but 3 of the bolts I had. I didn't get to the quilt show today. Not enough time but one woman said she had been to 2 shows in Chicago and one in Virginia and this was by far the best she'd been too. I'll get there tomorrow.

I had to guard the red (bottom left) with my life. Took the last 2 yrds on the bolt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17366[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-17366.jpe