Old 11-29-2010, 07:15 PM
Jabear617

Originally Posted by dsb38327
One of my sisters is a member of the Quiltingboard. Her name is Joan and her board name is jabear617.
She is such a sweetheart and peace maker. She finds a way to make you talk about the things you like, what you did with your day, etc. She would call me.
Joan: Whatcha doin.
Dorothy: Readying the Quiltingboard.
Joan: What is the Quiltingboard.
Dorothy: A large group of quilters showing pictures of their quilts, talking about quilts and things they have made, teaching us stuff. I learn so much.
Joan: But sister, you already know how to sew.
Dorothy: No, I am learning now. I was just 'doing it' before and I didn't know what I was doing.
Joan: Oh.
Dorothy: Want to see some of my post? This is the link.
Joan: Okay.
Joan became a member in September! :thumbup:
She thought she did not know how to quilt. She knows more than she remembers that she knew.
I adopted her on the Quiltingboard. She has read posts, searched, watched videos and tutorials. She bought a sewing machine, got the suggested tools and look what she made me to show me how much she has learned in such a short time.
This lap quilt is so precious to me. I was emotional when it arrived. My grandson was on the phone with Joan as I opened it. He said "Aunt Joan, Grandma really likes her present. She is crying. She likes it very much".
Thank you sweet sister. I keep it by my machine so I can enjoy it while I sew. It is perfect to put my sewing odds and ends on. Keep up the good work and enjoy the moment.
How Sweet Sister! Thank you:)