View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 05:08 AM
Pzazz

Our youngest started university this fall, so I plan to move my sewing room to her bedroom. Her room isn't much bigger than where I am now, but it is better laid out for window/door/wall space.

My issue? My DH. He has an engineers' brain. Bless his heart...he really does want me to have the space I want/need, but his thoughts and ideas don't always jive with mine. Right now, the room is a pretty dark teal....very pretty, but not very realisitic for a sewing room. He doesn't "get" that I want to paint before moving anything in there. He was ready to start putting up shelves this past weekend....with all the daughters things still in there!!! LOL

When we talked about where to place things once I do start moving things in there, he would have had my back to the windows....didn't think about the fact that that would have me working in my own shadow. He just looked at the wall space for my sewing table.. (It's a 5 1/2' X 3' office desk...I love it!!)

So....I got out the measuring tape so I could make a scale drawing of the room, and of the big pieces to go in there...sewing tables, etc. It was so nice to see the engineer lightbulb glowing when he saw what I wanted in there. Sometimes a visual is so much better than all the words you can think of. :) Yay...we are now on the same page and can start working towards doing this move to a better space.

We do have a few ongoing projects to complete before making this move, but once it gets started I will post pix.

I really am so very lucky to have this man in my life. I love him dearly...he does so much for me every day. Definitely a keeper.

Patti