View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 07:31 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by omak
actually ... it isn't about first, second, or fifteenth marriage. It is about the time factor.
If he were my brother, I wouldn't hesitate a bit to start planning a quilt for him and his new bride - - somewhere down the line, because I agree that a marriage is cause for celebration.
The fact that he gave you all of, what - - a dozen days? of a heads up? Would seem to me that he wants to get married, but didn't particularly care for a big hoolabaloo over the event.
If you get a little something like the table runner done for the occasion, I am sure it will be a big surprise and appreciated, but again - - the short notice, it wouldn't bother me to not have much in hand when I next saw my brother (we are a different family, I suppose <g>).
then, I would make a note to self: Make a bunch of tablerunners for these short notice events.
Of course, then, everyone around you will figure that if they give you twelve days of notice, they are going to get one of your masterpieces and you will have created another type of monster in the family around you <g> ...
Does any of that help you? <wave>
The voice of reason! I agree entirely with Omak - if only I were organised enough to have some short notice table runners standing by! :mrgreen: :lol: