View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 10:39 AM
pattis47

That is such a wonderful story. I can't wait to see it completed.

Originally Posted by RNUNU
Originally Posted by Qbee
Oh my gosh....TOO cute!! And the brights on black is great! Ya'll are SO on top of things. I haven't even decided for sure how to do the blocks....LOL. I'm doing Spring so I know I'm going to do a dresden plate "flower" on one, a wedge ruler or other kind of butterfly on another, and one of those tulip looking blocks on another. I wanted to do one of those baskets of flowers but afraid that will be way beyond my skill level. Maybe I'll do like regular easy blocks with "springy" fabric for the other two??? I wish I could do a bumble bee for "Qbee"...LOL...wouldn't that be cute. What do ya'll think???
I have a great Bee Pattern in my archieves. Our Quilting Room at the Senior Center had the sweetest gal, who was head of the Quilting Room (she passed away at age 91). We surprized her with a quilt for her 90th Birthday, made with these bees ..... she was called our "Queen Bee", all of the quilters were responsible for making a Bee Block w/their name on it .... I made the center block to represent her and appliqued a crown on the Bee with the name "Queen Bee". The quilt turned out so cute, I want to make another one.