View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 11:05 AM
user3587

Originally Posted by craftyone27
I have a few issues w/Judy's patterns. She doesn't print her PP patterns on newsprint - she uses pattern tissue which is very flimsy and easily torn. She only gives you the exact number of pieces needed to make the quilt - make a mistake -oops you're screwed! And lastly - she sells a pattern with mistakes in the directions and rather than correct them you have to go online and download the corrections and try to figure out what her blue arrows mean! I have yet to start the one pattern of hers that I spent/wasted money on - she is definitely not what I wold consider a user friendly pattern maker. Her quilts however, are incredible to look at.
She must have changed, there were no errors on the Crown of Thorns and it was newpaper print paper. Of course this is an old pattern. I have another one of her's that's on the same kind of paper. It doesn't tear easliy at all until I sew the perforated stitching line. I guess she is like all other companies, making quality and quanity cuts while raising the prices. I had some pattern pieces left because I thought I had made a mistake in counting. Of course there never was a complete block of templates left but there would be say 3 or 4 of C and 2 or 3 of D, etc. I better look at her new stuff before I committ to starting one (of her newer patterns) Thanks for the heads up.