View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 11:38 AM
magnolia

I make mine to be used. The first one I made was for my mom. She told me she put it in a spare room because she was afraid to mess it up. It hurt my feelings a little bit, but I got over it and she has requested I make another one for her to use (and with flannel backing so it would be warmer). So sometime in the next year I will be making her another one. My nieces take theirs everywhere with them, in the car, to the babysitters, everywhere. My sister used to apologize for them dragging them around and I told her I didn't care, they were made for the girls and they can do what they want with them. When it's time for a new one I will make another. After I told her that she was completely fine and no longer feels bad. But, now she wants one-she will get one at Christmas.

I have hesitated on making one for my youngest brother and sister (17 yrs old and 14 years old). But, that is okay because they NEVER say 'thank you' for anything. A 'thank you' goes a long way and it really does hurt that for every holiday and birthday I send them something and they don't even have the decency to call and say thank you or that they even received it. They are old enough to no better-and their parents should make them call. Sorry, for the little rant.