Old 11-30-2010, 04:31 PM
sandpat
Power Poster

I agree Lesley...I think it would be fine to quilt it row by row...I'm just too lazy to dig through and organize all my blocks by row and #. I just pull the next one out of the bag and have a go at it. I figure I'll get done soon enough.

Today I cut all my "between" tris and cut the fabric for my scallops. I think that I'm going to make the outer scallop border a little wider than it calls for and that I will do it in one piece. I think (I could easily be wrong here) that I can attach a long strip to the outside edge of the tri border strip befor I attach that to the center block portion. I'm not sure...still thinking it through, but I cut it lengthwise so that there wouldn't be any seams in the scallop portion. I decided that I would do the outer row of cornerstones in the same brown as the sashing too...so got all those cut. I haven't cut all the sashings though and I might run short on fabric. I hope not..but...??? Oh..I also saved a square to cut my continous bias from for the binding. Does anyone remember how to figure out what size square to cut for how much continuous bias binding???