Old 11-30-2010, 06:59 PM
luvmortherest

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Originally Posted by luvmortherest
patti i am soooo impressed. those look great. can't wait to get mine finished but you know how life is. so far to date i have 64 blocks and 14 tris. (times 2 as i am doing 2 at the same time)

lesley how hard would it be to quilt an entire row?
Not that hard, Luv - because a row is quite narrow, so you can still hold in in your hand nicely. Turning the blocks round might be a little more fiddly, but still doable. (I only seem to be able to quilt in one direction, so doing them individually suited me better). If you did them row by row, then you would have fewer seams at the back in the long run, but if you look at the schedule, you have to be really near the end before you even get one complete row, let alone several, and I found that rather frustrating.

I started quilting mine ...(thinking hard here).... probably about half way. I know that by the time I was making the last few, I had all the rest quilted and ready to assemble.
sticking to the schedule has become a moot point for me as i am so far behind what with the tornado during the summer (power out for a week), then a problem with the power (out for another few days), then of course there was DH's 3 or 4 trips to the hospital. i think i am going to pick blocks to finish rows that only have a few left to finish.