View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 07:44 PM
Born2Sew

I have Sjogren's, Rheumatoid Arthritus, Lupus and Osteo Arthritus too. I quit the plaquinil a while back because it was making me so despondent and lethargic. It did help with dry eyes, but other than that it didn't do much for me.

Sjogren's can cause a lot of issues besides just dry eyes.
Brain fog and memory issues, as well as anxiety go hand in hand with these auto immune conditions.

My legs and feet are killing me today, and I have trouble with my fingers locking up. OPening jars is getting harder to do and I drop so many things. Go to pick them up and drop them again.... Lately I've been such a clutz. I've cut myself on a sharp butcher knife, burned my hand on steam, dropped my rowenta iron on my foot, (luckily it was not on at the time)...

As far as opening jars, if I just can't get one open, I ask hubby. Since you live alone, you might try running hot water over the top of the jar, dry off and then try opening it. Also there are those thing a ma jigs that are called jar openers that are supposed to work. My mom uses mine, but I can't seem to get the hang of it.

Hang in there, you are not alone. PM me anytime if you just need someone to visit with.

Hugs...