View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 08:49 PM
eparys

Originally Posted by Colorful Quilter
Wow neat quilt, would you participate in one again? I did one with my quild and found it to be extremely stressful as I felt a big responsibility for the person it belonged to. I have FUN making my own quilts, the round robin, not so much!!
well . . . Probably not. Here is why - I am a bit "OCD" about my work. That - for me- means square and even blocks, straight seams, Blocks that are supposed to be the same size ARE, quality fabric and OH - did I include- following directions??? lol

So yes I too was very stressed - especially each month when I opened the new box. Rows were not the same length. Several did not bother follow directions. Then there was one gal who was a very accomplished quilter who I was worried that my work would not be good enough.

That being said - a few of the gals that were in our group - were new quilters. Their work got considerably better as the Row Robin progressed. That was really what it is all about in the big picture. I may take it apart and change the order BUT - all in all - I think I have enough to make a very nice wall hanging.