Thread: Swaps
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 03:40 AM
watterstide

How regular is she at posting on here?
from your posts, it looks like "life" didn't get in the way..or if it did, she didn't say..and is relying on the "it's it the mail, or going to mail"
personally, i would deal directly with the swap hostess.
i did a Beginners swap on a different board..so they would gain confidence, and we could work out the bugs of doing a block ,like the right size-seam allowance,colors,block choice for a beginner etc..i had two people flake on me..because they were all coming to me (they each had to make 9 of the same block,and i swapped them out,for a baby quilt)
i ended up making 18 blocks to fulfill the committment. it was a pain in the you know what.But i didn't want the other newbies to be short or disappointed.
I had one thread with the names of those participating,and changed the color of thier names as they got them in to me..so everyone knew who did not send in thier blocks. It was mandatory to check in with the hostess,at least once a week, to give updates.either privately or on the main thread.

The swap hostess' "talk to each other", so they knew who to avoid in thier own swaps. I kept the names of the women who
"flaked". one dropped of the board,for a few months, but is back..the other is still around.

i thought, with the price of shipping the "one on one" swap would be ideal..but i guess,after reading your issue,i think not.

i hope it gets all worked out for you..and sorry it got to this point.