Thread: Swaps
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 05:07 AM
candi

Thanks Patrice for explaining the procedure for leaving feedback.

And of course you are right, with the one-on-one swap, there is always the chance that the "one" will not send anything in return. Oh well, the way I look it is that they have to live with themselves..but there is always the chance that the "one" will be the best partner ever and that you'll develop a nice cyber friendship. I enter at own risk and open my Pandora's box.Personally, I LOVE the partnered swaps and prefer them.

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
an unpleasant truth is that every partnered swap results in at least one person getting stiffed. you simply cannot be 100% sure that you'll get an equivalent return for what you send. neither the swap coordinators nor board management have any control over that. unfortunately, the only thing we can do when it happens is to fuss and nag at the person who didn't send and hope for the best.

i've been discouraging partnered swaps for just this reason. that generates complaints from those who've been lucky and who prefer to swap that way.

either way we go, somebody's unhappy.
:?

the swap coordinator should give the slacker 30 days.

if you haven't received your item by the end of that time, or if the other person has not returned what you sent her/him, report it again to the coordinator. she can make a public note in the swap's group activity matrix and can post a negative feedback under the villain's profile.

you should not post a negative feedback because that will duplicate the coordinator's.