View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 11:40 AM
pookie ookie

As a reaction to this thread, I watched the honeymoon episode last night. TLC repeatedly misspelled San Diego as "San Deigo." I think that pretty much sums up TLC.

Historically, and currently, polygamy is an interesting issue when viewed analytically. It's hard to do that when living people are playing out their lives on TV. I would rather watch a fictional take on it ala Big Love or *read* some non-fiction. There is at least one good book out there on Lost Boys.

These women are definitely not the prairie dress clad group we've come to know via the news. Do they have issues in common with the compound crowd? No idea. And, I'm not going to find out.

In defense of Fundamentals in general, I have no issues with them. If I did, I would probably also not like my neighbors who pray five times a day and subjugate their women. Or, the Orthodox community a few blocks from here. All have been nice to me and I respect their ability to live as they please. I don't know what is best for everyone else.