View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 04:24 PM
Marvlin

Originally Posted by SherriB
We got the tree up and have mostly decorated. It is a good size artificial, bought many years ago. It sits in front of the smaller window in the living room and faces the side yard. We never decorate the back of the tree--it is hard to reach and no one can see it. (The window is high from ground and you would need a ladder to see it.) We do put lights all the way around the tree because you can see the glow from the window.

I am just curious, does anyone else skip the back of the tree?
I moved into the home I am still in on November 28th, twelve years ago. We were remodeling and living at the same time in this house. When I found the box with my new pre-lit tree I decided to just put the tree up in the living room window and we could enjoy the lights at night, no decorations what ever, even though we were neck high in boxes. Everyone in the neighborhood gave me fits because they thought we had out done them by moving in and having a tree up three days later. We laughed every year afterwards right up until my love passed away. To this day I always light up this tree for a few nights before decorating it because it brings back beautiful memories. My husband always said if we moved again he wanted to do it just before Christmas so we could repeat this experience. It's your tree and you should enjoy it with or with out decorations on one side. I usually don't put much on the back of my tree either because no one sees anything below the window and then I have lots and lots of decorations for the sides and front. Enjoy