View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 04:43 PM
jrhboxers

Originally Posted by grammy17
Where do you buy your ink. I have a 310 and the ink costs lots more than that.
If you will send me a PM with your real email, I will send you a link. He is a seller on eBay and I used to buy my other ink from him too. Apparently there was just released this spring a microchip that would reset on a reuseable cartridge. That technology was not available for Epson before and that is why Walgreens and Office Max do not refill Epson cartridges.

I bought my starter pack from him which included 5 reuseable cartridges, and five bottles of ink. One each of the M, B, Y and two of the black since the printer takes two black cartridges. The cartridges have refill holes that have rubber stoppers. No more trying to drill a refill hole is the cartridges and ruining everything - including your clothes. The ink bottles have 100ml each and the cartridges - according to the Epson website - have 13ml in the 68 and 16ml in the 69.

I am still on my original set of refills. I have finished one bottle of black and about 1/5 of each of the colors. The guy that I get these from has the 5 pack of just the ink bottles for sale and he also sells just the black in a 5 pack since that is what everyone goes through the quickest.

There are other features that I really like about my 310 - if you are making 'speciality' copies - enlarging, reducing, darker/lighter - it doesn't erase that setting automatically like some do after a certain length of time. And I have even taught my husband to always use the reset button before he trys to scan or copy anything.

All of my home printers before this were Lexmark and I was very loyal to them. But I am SSSOOOOO happy with my Epson. In so many ways.