View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 08:58 AM
Feathers

MicPa:
You described my quilts to a "t." They are for comfort and warmth NOT to be judged in the county fair. Beverly asked for pictures of quilts made with flannel to give her ideas and I thought better of sending her a picture of ours as they are so well LOVED that they aren't pretty enough anymore for pictures. My husband's quilt is big and not very attractive...he mentioned one night how he'd like to have something BIG enough to throw over him at 3:00 AM when he can't sleep so is up watching the test pattern or something equally as interesting on TV. I whipped up a flannel with 9 inch blocks in scraps of all the flannel I could lay hands on THAT DAY. I sandwiched it with a heavy flannel and the batting was an old flannel bed sheet. That poor, ugly BIG quilt gets used to death. When it's not being used as a tent for our grandkids, it's loaded with 3 little kittens napping behind my husband's chair. It's in the wash every week and could probably use laundering inbetween but once a week is my limit! LOL!