Old 10-12-2008, 09:41 AM
Margie

Although I love this site and enjoy looking at all the beautiful projects everyone makes, I have never posted before. HOWEVER, I just had to let you know what seeing your project put in motion for our troops.

On Sept 6 I was looking at all the wonderful projects and saw the Christmas stockings for the troops. I read all the posts and found the website for Marine Family Foundation. I wrote and asked where to get the pattern and they emailed it to me. I was disappointed to know I only had a little over a month to make stockings and get the in the mail to the. SOOOO, immediately I sent out emails and presented it to our chapter of the American Sewing Guild.

This week we will be mailing over 700 stockings(not sure of exact count until Tuesday meeting), over 100 pounds of donated candy to help fill them and (we have someone that might either pay shipping or help with cost of shippinp) we will be sending them the remainder of the money that has been donated which is around $700(cross your fingers that they pay ALL the shippingso we can send the full amount) lol. We have been very blessed by this project and hope the troops who receive the stockings will be too. Thanks for sharing your wonderful project.