Old 12-02-2010, 07:40 AM
Jupiter

My daughter (a grown up) really likes daisies and I picked the daisy fabrics thinking that this quilt might be next year's Christmas present. She and hubby have just painted their bedroom a very pale blue.. almost white but just a hint of color. I think the blue fabrics are gentle enough to be restful.

Of course I haven't promised it to her... yet. But she does come by often and always wants to claim "dibs" on whatever I am working on! lol

hugs, Jupiter

Originally Posted by Obsessed
Originally Posted by Jupiter
I bought my fabric today. I think I got a good selection.
The book says 8 half yard cuts would do it.... for 6" blocks.

I am going to make mine 12" blocks. I wrote to Penny about how to enlarge. The templates are easy, just blow them up to 200%. The measurements will take a little more figuring for seam allowances, but I think I have the right idea, so I will share my numbers along the way... as soon as I know they work.

Going from a 6" block to a 12" block is actually 4 times as much material. I bought 9 fabrics at 2 yards each. That is 3 lights, 3 mediums, 2 darks, and 1 stripe. If I have a lot left over, the backing can have it or my stash will grow!

I pre-washed all my fabric and the last load is in the dryer right now. I hope I can wait until January! lol

hugs, Jupiter
Pretty! I see some fussy-cut daisies in your future! It is going to be really cool to see how different all of our blocks look!