View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 08:13 AM
Scissor Queen

Originally Posted by MarthaFlood
Hello Everybody!

I'm Martha Flood - the "Infamous" designer in question. I became aware of this dialog through my website. I appreciate everyone's comments, because they are a learning experience for me, and I'd like to give some feedback, if I may. Please, I do not intend to "rob" anybody!
<snippage happened here>
I wish everyone great success in their creative endeavors! I hope you find lots of fabulous fabrics to work with! Most of all, please don't undervalue your work!

Peace, Love, & Happy Quilting,

Martha
http://www.marthaflood.com/
Sixty bucks a yard for what you're producing is actually a good price. I've seen upholstery fabrics for $100 a yard and up. I have a whole box of sample fabrics with the price tags still attached and most of it is $60 and up.

I think you hit the nail on the head! Women tend to undervalue their work. And when somebody undervalues their work and sells things really cheap it undercuts everybody.

Look at the big box stores selling "complete bed in a bag" for less than the cost of the fabric to make just the quilt. That undercuts everybody that makes good quality quilts.