View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 05:20 PM
Chele

I don't know about stuffing. Sounds kind of dicey because of the low temps. I'd do the dressing separately or make another side. Chicken is perfect for the crock pot though. Take advantage of that good sale. You can cut it up too. I usually skin any chicken going in the crock pot, or brown it first. The skin gets kind of gross in a crock pot. It's a cinch to remove once the dish is done, but just not palatable and it makes everything greasy. The grease is easily spooned off, so no worries if you want to forgo the skinning part.

You can add whatever spices you like (Italian spices, canned tomatoes, onions, garlic, celery and fresh peppers to serve over pasta). Or Mexican spices with fresh veggies (onion, peppers, jalapeno, corn, etc.) Serve with rice and tortillas to make burritos. Garnish with avocado, salsa and sour cream. Or go Southern and cook your chicken with barbecue sauce/spices. Throw some raw potatoes on top the last couple of hours and shake out a bagged salad for a complete dinner. There are as many recipes as you can think of. Crock pots are a quilter's best friend!