Thread: Running stitch
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 10:29 PM
Steve

Great idea and it works on the tough spots.

I finished the blocks today and am outlining the borders now. I asked Leslee and she says the border won’t require the hoop, just to make sure the back edge is flat since the inside quilting will hold the piece in place. She did suggest going ahead and basting it when I turn the back to finish. Should work.

It’s funny how much I’ve learned over the last month and especially the last two weeks when putting the knowledge into practice.

I’ve a funny story about readying the new quilt. I took some fat quarters over to the friends whose baby gets the next one. I showed them the quilt and the baby (1 ½ year old) got excited. Asking him if he’d like a quilt, I took out some fat quarters of blues and yellows and had him pick out two of each. He understood and pointed to the blue ones he liked. Then he pointed at one yellow but hesitated. He kept floating his finger over a yellow with blue flowers, obviously wanting it but thinking the blue flowers made it a blue piece. I said “Yes that has blue flowers but it is yellow in back too, do you want that one?” He started pointing at it and shaking his head yes. Cool! The funny part is the quarters he picked are an awesome combination. I just hope I can fill in the blanks and make it nice for him. He’s going to be weaned in the next few weeks and will need some comfort.