Old 12-03-2010, 05:26 AM
queenpola

Originally Posted by bjnicholson
Sorry, I've never heard of this. I hope you find what you're looking for SOON!
Originally Posted by greensleeves
Try psychosomaticmedicine.org.
Originally Posted by mrspete
I forwarded you to a friend of mine who is a Registered Nurse and so very resourceful. Hope she finds that link for you. Blessings, Ruth
Originally Posted by nativetexan
and ask your Doctor about them taking fish oil to help.
Originally Posted by sharon b
My two sons have high IQs and gifted - but their cholesterol is great - in fact the older one was very overweight and his cholesterol is better then his younger ,much skinnier brother . Go figure :roll: LOL
Originally Posted by oatw13
That sounds interesting. I have never heard that before. I was/am in that category and my cholesterol is very low. My boys are also in that category and have great cholesterol.

On the other hand, I have read about many connections with ADD and other learning disabilities and high intelligence and the new (to me) term of twice exceptional.

I agree with nativetexan, fish oil will often help with this and it is very good for your brain development and body in general.
My friends,
Thank you sooo much fr yr concern and advise. It's very much appreciated.
Will try to explain/resume which my situation is. (sorry for my bad English, you may ask If you don't understand what I meant to ;) and I don't know about medical language neither am I a doctor, so if any doc in here, pls be good ;) )
I know cholesterol is largely an inherited disease. Usually (not always) have a family history, dad, mum, sister have it. Now my kids.
What I read some time ago, was sth related to different brain function (that's why was in relation to gifted), which COULD make the person to have a certain tendency , higher CHANCES to have high cholesterol levels in blood. But I want to be exact on it, I'm only speaking on probabilities, it's doesn't mean ALL gifted have this problem.
I don't know whether it was a reliable source either. And I found that article matched almost perfectly my family situation.
That's all. I also know that weight has no relation at all with cholesterol, my eldest DD (teenager) has the body of a T.V. model, and has always been this way. Never had weight problems. And has the highest level of the 3 of them.
My middle boy ( teenager), is middle weight, not so thin, not so overweighted. High chol level, but less than his sister.
My youngest boy (8) is a giant boy, tallest in his class, and rather overweighted. He looks like a 11 or 12 yrs old boy. Comes 2nd in chol level.
Nothing related to weight at all.
I'm trying to find out if there's a connection between gifted brain function and cholesterol. And that's not mean ALL gifted have this problem, just me.
So many thank yous! :D