Thread: To sell or not
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 06:54 AM
gaigai
Banned

Originally Posted by TN Donna
My husband , who never says anything, told me today that with all the beautiful STUFF I had made I should start selling it. I have always given it away. I could use the money to buy my medicine but I don't think I should. My medicine is over $2000 for three months but with my husbands ins. I get it all for $200 every three months. I have refused to buy it this time to help with finances and my feet and legs are so swollen they look like elephant legs. How could you ever put a price on a picture you cross stitched of Jesus in the Garden of Gethseneme, or the Last Supper or all the pillow covers I have made and put back in plastic bags in the coat closet? I even have stuff in the cedar chest.
Well, you might as well sell some it and buy your medicine. 'Cause if you don't, you could very well die, and then it will either get thrown in the trash or sold for pennies in a garage sale. They aren't doing you or any one else any good wrapped in plastic in the closet, and they may be very cherished and enjoyed by someone else who isn't crafty.

And for those of you who think I'm being an alarmist, as a Nurse Practitioner and a Critical Care Nurse, if her legs are that swollen, there are serious issues going on.