View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 07:00 AM
twospoiledhuskies

I made a large laptop quilt for my bestfriend. Was xtra carefully that everything lined up, seams completely flat. Ironed everything perfect to send out. My co-worker's wife did longarm quilting and had "years of experience". Fine, only needed a simple meandering all over pattern.
Spoke to her explaining (3 times) that I wanted a medium stipple (not large) also wrote this as instructions when she received the quilt. She finished the quilt and brought it to me at work (where customers were milling around). I nearly flipped, what did she do-LARGE stippling that goes at an angle on the quilt rather than across making the blocks look alittle lumpy. I couldn't really complain and made out that I liked it. Not only that, now that I look at it she has a FOLD OF BATTING SEWN IN THE QUILT so there is a lump that is about 38" . How could that happen if she had loaded it correctly? She even told me how true and flat my quilt was and how "easy it was for her to load". I am so MAD and I paid for this!!!! The good news is my friend is not a quilter and you can't really see the lump. She probably won't notice it's there-BUT I WILL.

Do you think I should tell her this happened so she pays closer attention. Or just chalk it up to a learning experience???? I guess I'm bad, and should have meet with her to explain my thoughts, but I thought with such a simple design it would be OK. Thanks for letting me vent!!! :(