Old 12-03-2010, 07:06 AM
himnherr

My friends father recently died. We were at lunch one day and she says "I wish I knew someone who is into quilting." Umm.... I haven't seen her in awhile so she had no idea of my new found hobby. I jumped on it and she said when she goes to get her mom in NY she'll bring me a van load of "stuff". Well, I picked it up yesterday. In it was 3 sewing machines (already found homes for them), 30 quilt tops finished, ready to be tied (at least that's what he did with them when he finished them), a stash of fabric and thread and rulers, templates, rotary cutters, blades, bobbins and cases, and other assorted "stuff"! Trust me, I know what to do with everything but the quilt tops. haha! I picked out about 8 that I want to keep, a couple of my friends may want a few others, but there's no way we will get rid of all of them. My friend is totally happy to have them donated to a charity- I've googled various ones, but I really don't know of any that will take just a quilt top- unfinished. They are all finished to the extent that each seam is top stitched- some with fancy stitching, some just straight stitching. They seem to be all cotton - some are coordinated scrappies, some are just scrappies. They range in sizes from lap size to King! I attached just a couple of the small ones to show- the big ones are too big to spread out for pictures. :-D
Attached Thumbnails attachment-137540.jpe   attachment-137541.jpe   attachment-137542.jpe