View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 07:53 AM
TexasGurl

Originally Posted by mhansen6
Originally Posted by TexasGurl
Originally Posted by sandyo
Pfaff are not made like they used to be. They do not stand behind their machine. Not made in Germany anymore.
SO true ... Pfaffs have NOT been made in Germany for the last 10 yrs, they are manuf in Asia now and some in Eastern Europe. Some models were being made in Sweden for a few years after Viking bought Pfaff, but no longer.
I had a 25 yr old mech. Pfaff that NEVER had a problem, but I wanted the new features, so I bought one in 2007. It was made in the Czech Republic and I had nothing BUT problems. It sewed NOTHING like many friends' machines, all prev. made in Germany. What a disappointment ...
Hopefully the newer Expression 2-4.0 models have solved their quality problems now. So much for "German Engineering" !!
I bought a Pfaff Creative 4.0 this past summer. I love this machine. I saw that some people were having problems with theirs, but I decided to give it a shot anyway. My dealer said that 95% of the problems people are having is that they didn't learn how to use the machine. It is computerized and does take some learning. This machine also talks to you and tells you when something is wrong. I have taken the time to learn the machine and what to do when something happens. I love the longer throat and the IDF. I can't imagine going back to anything else. I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS MACHINE.
I didn't mean to step on Pfaff lover's toes ... just wanted to clear up the misconception that Pfaffs are still GERMAN MADE machines. They aren't - and haven't been for a decade.
I just know at least 20+ quilters who bought Pfaff models in the last 5 yrs incl. the Expression, and 95% of us had problems. All very experienced sewers & quilters who knew HOW to use them. The problems were Pfaff's - NOT the owners. Only a few still have those machines. The initial Expression models had a lot of problems - tension, foot problems, piecing 1/4 seams, jamming thread cutter and constant error msgs. Hopefully in 2 yrs they've solved those problems.