View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 11:54 AM
Mplsgirl

Originally Posted by Nita
Here is what I did and it looks terrific: I painted the walls a pale green and the ceiling is sky blue with white fluffy clouds. I have a painted wall mural of an outdoor scene on the one and only open wall in the room. The mural has a dirt road, a field of wild flowers and two large trees painted on each end of the wall. Then (and this os the coolest part) there is a painted clothesline "tied" to the limbs of each tree. From the faux clothesline I've attached small quilted wall hangings with clothespins on the top to make it look realistic. I get so many complements from people about how clever this is. In front of the wall mral there is a white wicker love seat and a small wicker table to place my cup of java or glass of vino when I take a break from my sewing. I swear that this wall mural enhances my creativity. On a practical note, I think the most important thing to keep in mind when planning a sewing room is the lighting. The Ott True Color light is great and I also had pot lights installed in my ceiling to provide task lighting where I most need it:-) Nita
OMG! Can we see pictures?