View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 04:25 PM
Maia B

Of course, you should sew on all your finalists, get classes included if buying from a dealer, and HAGGLE! It's hard for us Americans, but I learned in Africa, and it works here too. I got my BL Quest Plus for $300 less than the originally stated price, with little effort, and then got a few extras included. I wished I'd had pushed harder. We are so programmed to be polite, to our detriment sometimes. I also wish I had seen the Smarter by Pfaff before I bought. I don't know when the Serenade is coming out, and I'm having fun now, so that's okay. The janome 7700 Horizon or Elna 740 Xcellence might be my next step, but not first run machines. If I was after a straight stitch only machine, I'd look at Jukis for $600-900. I dont know a thing about Vikings, but some quilters love those too. After just a month with my BLQP, I now must have Integrated dual feed, knee lifter, 9+" harp, needle up/down button, lock stitch button, snap on feet, and cute stitches. This after 20 years with <10 stitches, and auto-nothing!