Old 12-03-2010, 05:31 PM
bronald

Originally Posted by Gwyn
Originally Posted by bronald
Tru I can totaly relate to the 200, 190 etc.etc. now I'm looking for 170. And it does seem to creep back on if you don't watch closely. I was down to 140 several yrs ago but it just kept creeping up to 220-225 and I swear I'll never be that again. I hope it stays quiet around your home so you can get up and get around a little.

I'm trying to get a quilt quilted but my machine just wants to break its thread. I've checked my tension, leveled it made sure it is not binding. I hate it when it does this.
Bonnie: Try changing your needle. It may be dull, have a slight bend in it, or have a rough spot in the eye that is binding your thread. The other thing to check is the spool. Is the thread getting caught either on the spool, sticking to the other threads or unwinding in a non-uniform manner?

Since I can't seem to quilt very well on my machine, I don't have lots of credibility, but these are things I check when my machine says "No, not today."
I will try that I did change my needle half way through the last quilt so I thought it should make it . But you may be right. Thanks.