Old 12-03-2010, 05:46 PM
sherriequilts

Originally Posted by Edie
Originally Posted by NannaJen
Hear, hear, Nan - Favorite Fabrics, "lets have a cheer......."
I had to learn and sing Ave Maria in latin for school choir, too many years ago, and still love it
I'll bet money to a rotten donut, they don't teach Ave Maria in Latin or Adeste Fideles or Stille Nacht or even O Holy Night in public schools any more. I bet they don't even go caroling down the halls in schools or hospitals anymore like we did back in the 50's. Edie --- Is that a shame or what?
Oh you'd so win that bet. My 8 y/o DGD came home with the script to the play she is to be in this month: "Paint the Town December." Included in this offering is Kwanzaa, Ramadan, Hanukkah, but nowhere is acknowledged the reason for the season. The journey of Joseph and Mary is mentioned, but not the Christ Child. The teachings of Allah are included, but not Christianity. I am so offended. I can and do respect other beliefs and cultures. I don't think it is unreasonable to be able to acknowledge Jesus at this time. I wonder if I am the only one that feels this way. I am so glad that I will have a part in presenting our Saviour in church on Christmas morning. God bless you all. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to vent!