View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 06:00 PM
cc23rdb

I have a Baby Lock 6 needle and LOVE it. I've had it about 6 years. It has a nice screen so I can see what I am looking for, without having to remember names. I have a friend that bought a 15 needle machine and it doesn't have a screen on it. She likes it when she uses it, but she's not using it much. She likes the screen on her small machine.
The main thing you need to look at is SERVICE. You must have a good service/dealer for you to love your machine. Some times simple things can go wrong, and you need someone who is reliable and nice. My dealer is both. He's wonderful. We have only had a few items go wrong with our machine. One was a loose screw on the removable arm. We used it so much one weekend that it vibrated loose, and threw off the center. I also use the fast frames and love them too. We set up at flea markets and embroider on our own purses, blankets, bibs, etc and then embroider on others' items for $8. we mainly only do names and initials, since most people would take 30 minutes trying to figure out what they want, then not want to pay for the embroidery. Most seem to charge by the 1000 stitches. $1 per 1000.
I buy my stablizer from Allstitch.net and madiera. My thread from ABC company in Columbus, Mississippi. It's better to have a business license to get the wholesale prices. Hope this helps you.
Rebecca