Old 12-03-2010, 07:14 PM
Mimito2

I have learned that I have a "premonition". My muscle in the right side of my neck tightens until it is in spasms. My DH and Sons recognize this and ask if I am ok, you are rubbing your neck? I have learned that I am "allergic" to almost every perfume/cologne & aspartame and MSG are immediate triggers. I keep Gatorade or Power aid on hand and will down at least a quart with 1 aspirin. I also learned bio-feedback. I chose my favorite place (beach on Tybee Island) and I go "walk" there while lying down in a COLD, Dark, completely quiet room. I have trained myself to listen to only the ocean swishing on the beach and the waves crashing on the rocks while Slowly breathing in and out. Also, if you feel in the soft spot between your thumb and first finger down next to where they join there is a nerve there (it will hurt when you squeeze it) Hold it tightly between your first finger and thumb from your other hand and make it hurt.... It it triggers your brain to release natural pain killing endorphins. (Nurses help me out here- I know someone out there knows the correct terminology.) I would highly recommend learning the bio-feedback it really puts you in control not the migraine.