View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 08:52 PM
trupeach1
Banned

This is what I would do............

I would slice potaotes, peeled or un peeled it is your choice. I would layer then in the bottom of the crock. I would mix together milk, a little flour, onion powder, salt and pepper. I would pour the milk mixture over the potatoes to cover I would put the chicken on top and let the crock pot do it's thing. You will have chilken with scalloped potaotes. Yes there will be the juice/fat from the chicken in the potatoes however it adds flavor and it REAL scalloped potatoes butter is always add so the fat will take the place of the butter.

Another recipe...........1 can cream of chicken soup or any cream soup you would like. Put the soup in the bottom of the crock. Fill the can with rice and add that to the crock. fill the can with milk add that. Stir. top with your chicken. Not says comfort like chicken and rice.

As for the stuffing, here is and easy peasy recipe with no fuss. 1 bag of butter garlic croutons, 1 can chicken broth, 1 tb dried onion flakes. Heat the broth add the onion and croutons. Toss and let it set in the pot until broth is absorbed.