Thread: Running stitch
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 08:12 AM
Steve

Well, I was Steve last time I looked. Besides, if I were on vacation I'd be getting a lot more quilting done. Also Leslee works with me, and can verify I'm only one guy (thus far). If you'd like further proof I suppose I could send you a link to my Blog so you can peruse the writ, though I thought that a bit presumptuous to post on a quilting group.

I went and looked up the pattern for flying geese. Unsure if and when I'll get to it, but like it. It doesn't look too hard but then again I've yet to try triangles. I figure to try triangles either on the next quilt or the one after. One step at a time...

The piecing on this one was by hand, but I just wanted the experience of hand quilting, which I turned out liking a lot. It’s frustrating at times, but the top feels fantastic. Hopefully I’ll get the borders done in the next day or so. I’m just running a line along the borders and leaving the outer edge to turn. Leslee says that if I double it (the binding) by rolling it over, it will be more durable in the long run. The only thing that has me worried now is the mitering of the corners, but figure what the hey, it’s just another thing to learn.

Oh, and I figured another thing out. My machine is a smaller Janome (Quilter’s Dream) without an extended table. What I’m going to do is set it on my kitchen table and stack up my two butcher-block cutting boards that I use for dough (after scrubbing) left of the machine to raise up the piece I’m working on. It should give me an extra two feet of support. Cool beans. Where there’s a will there’s a way!