View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 01:06 AM
justflyingin

I thought it was new as a really good thread gets started and someone jumps in and doesn't see exactly what they are looking for, so they start a new thread, and threads get lost until someone new comes along, does a search or whatever and stumbles over an old post.
The problem is the number of pages. I don't want to read through 55 pages of people's opinions about something possibly not related to the topic. I'm a member of another forum (not related to quilting) that stops the thread at 20 pages. I think that is a good idea, personally. They can then make a part 2, part 3, etc. if it is really interesting.

Most of the time threads are either completely off topic after 20 pages or there is a lot of "nonsense".

I also wondered why this thread has a sticky. Are we actually challenged to make a quilt this year using only our stash? I use my stash always but that's basically because I buy used curtains and bedding since woven cotton fabric isn't the easiest thing for me to find here in Poland. So, I generally add to my stash by going to the used clothing store and finding another 100%cotton sheet or set of curtains that will work as a blender.

Anyway, this thread is so long--I've checked out the first couple of pages and now the last few, but see they are years apart. I've been unsure of the purpose of this thread, but wanted to say my two groszy worth about long threads. :)