Old 12-04-2010, 07:52 AM
IrishNY

Originally Posted by Lisa's Stitching Post
Originally Posted by Texasjunebug
Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
That's certainly true... but I would love to know how much more the fabric would have to cost, to be USA-made instead of China-made.
I believe it could be made right here and not cost one penny more, probably less. We have the crop production, the gins, the manufacturing capability with labor force, the marketing, transportation and distribution. We would have to forfeit the union middle-man profit and unreasonable EPA regulations.

The greatest obstruction for the American worker is fighting to take away the huge profits from the globalist that are working to turn us into a third world country. American mega-corporations are moving manufacturing from China to other ports for cheaper labor. China is becoming too profit greedy.

Think about this - if we did not ship fibers halfway around the world and the products back to us to buy, don't you think it would less? I realize that some international freight companies would have to find other commodities to make money. Is that really our consumer problem? We need to get real, and help our legislators understand that we need our resources, and what's left will happily be shared.
I have thought the exact same thing! How can it possibly be cheaper (with the high price of oil) for American fabric manufacturers to have their goods woven & printed overseas--and then shipped all the way over here?
It is still cheaper to ship overseas than to pay the taxes, wages and benefits, higher machine and utility costs in the US. I am not defending the practice, just stating the facts.