Old 12-04-2010, 08:48 AM
candi

Originally Posted by IrishNY
Originally Posted by candi
And for the record, that teacher must be a saint, I would never loan my Bernina to anyone, much less some girl who knew nothing about nothing when it came to sewing. :) I love my Bernina, for someone who is challenged in the sewing area, I appreciate the easy to use, sturdy and quiet machine. I could sew while my husband is sleeping in the same room. :thumbup: And I've never had a minute of trouble with it.
I was thinking the same thing about the teacher once I realized she had loaned you her BERNINA! I can't imagine letting it out of my sight and especially with someone I didn't know. I am not very proprietary about much but my Bernina is one of those things. I don't/can't/won't share it.

Luckily your teacher was less selfish than me. :D

I hear you and I am right there with you. :mrgreen: She said it was one of her spares. She was an awesome teacher too, and I credit her for the love I developed for quilting. If she wasn't patient and encouraging, I wouldn't have finished that first top and I wouldn't have pursued quilting any further most likely.