View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 02:42 PM
amandasgramma

I don't have my templates for the center piece (okay - the room's a mess, I can't find them :)). I cut 2 circles out of lightweight cardboard -- one was 3" across and the 2nd was 2 1/2". Cut out your center fabric using the 3" circle for your guide. Lay the 2 1/2" circle in the middle of the fabric piece you cut and draw around it. Now ---- Sew by hand with a large stitch around the outside edge of the fabric circle. Try to keep your stitching far apart (may 3-4 stitches per inch) and on the outer edge. When you have it sewn, do not cut off.....lay your SMALL 2 1/2" piece of cardboard in the circle and pull your threads so it gathers around the template. Now PRESS hard --- You REALLY want the fabric to remember this fold. Take out the cardboard and replace with a 2 1/2" piece of batting. Tie off and knot your thread. You're not pulling the edges up to meat...you want a 2 1/2" circle when you're done. Applique the Plate to the backing you've chosen and then applique the center circle to the plate.

VOILA -- it's done! Now do 100 more! :) :)