View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 05:53 AM
Skeat

Just don't be intimidated. People think that PP is hard and difficult and I refer to it personally as 'cheating':)). I learned how to quilt starting out PP!:))It snagged me in good...and, I'm hooked on it!:0)

Remember the most important part of paper piecing....move your stitch length to a smaller stitch. My normal on my machine is 2.5 and I bump it to 1.5 sometimes 1. This helps punch the paper in your piecing. (It will tear apart when done so much easier!)I use reg. computer paper and print off blocks from my block library. I learned by listening 1 time to someone on how they did it..and, they told me very brief...went home, did it and could not understand why you would sew w/the lines where you couldn't see them....okay...duh!!:))I figured it out after that:))Yes, I can sew them now w/my lines on top for me to see-funny now to think about that!!:))
Classes are always good...but, most of us aren't patient enough to wait...I say go for it and go play and see what you come out with and then let us know:))Skeat