View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 03:56 PM
wesing

Today is a dreary, rainy, cold Saturday: a perfect day to stay in and catch up on some things. We slept in, watched some TV, then got up and started working on our nephew's quilt.

The top is done; all I had to do was piece the back and get all the parts on the frame. I cut the pieces I needed and proceeded to sew them together. The first set I sewed together back to back (seam on the good side). I didn't realize that. Then when I was tying off the last stitch of the next section, I noticed I had sewed it back to front. I noticed the first mistake while I was frog sewing the second. Got them all out, sewed everything together correctly, and was ready to load the frame.

Since I have done so well so far today, I decided to check my measurements. I had measured 2 or 3 times, and I knew everything was close, but when I laid it down I found I only had less than 2" on 2 sides. Close, but I decided I would work with that.

Kim went to press the batting for me, and the iron had a spell and spewed a huge puddle of water on the batting. It is now on the DR table with a fan on it. We will not be working tomorrow because it is our church choir's music presentation. I guess Austin will get his quilt in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for letting me vent. I have given up for the night and will probably rot my brain in front of the TV for the rest of the evening.

Darren