Old 12-04-2010, 04:32 PM
VernaL

Looks like you are getting a lot of info. I have an old Bernina 830 from the 60's. I've made sails for sail boats, boat covers, leather straps on my sandals and a moire taffeta and lace wedding gown for my daughter. It just sewed everyting and has wonderful stitching. I used to do a lot of machine embroidery with it. It doesn't have an embroidery module, but it was hand guided. It could do everything and I only took it in about once a year for yearly maintenance. It ran great. When the BSR came out, I was finally tempted to get a new Bernina 440 QE. I would never give up my old one, but the new one is just as good. I love the needle down and all the other new features that came out after the old 830. The new machine is just as sturdy as my old one. I really couldn't afford either Bernina, but bought them both on time payments. The new one was 0% interest if paid in one year. I wouldn't have anything but a Bernina. They are both heavy, but I have used a featherweight for classes. But I do take my Bernina on vacations. They are so smooth, easy to operate and I have never had any problems with either. They really are worth the money. Believe me, I've had other machines.
Verna