Old 10-14-2008, 07:36 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by chickenfoot
i love your idea.i have been wanting to cut out one step from my quilting....the running to my ironing board!! i came up with the idea of cutting a piece of plywood to 18" square (fits my sewing table) and i am stapling that teflon stuff onto the board.
thanks for the push to do it!!
I just about read thru the whole topic then realised this is an old topic brought back up. Interesting technique for log cabins posted by Patrice if you look!!

Heres a picture of how I avoid getting up and down while doing piecing, particularly foundation piecing etc., this is just a small wooden garden table with a sheet folded over several times and a tiny little 12" cutting board to the left, so I can trim, press and line up the next piece with a swivel of my chair :D I have neck problems and found that the lower height of this table was perfect for seeing straight down on top of your work and makes it easier to 'press' too :D I use a full size iron or sometimes my little Clover mini iron, but I find this a bit awkward to balance and have scorched the sheet several times with it :roll:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-40940.jpe