Thread: Running stitch
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 12:33 PM
Steve

I like the flying geese Sue. I’ve seen a lot of variation browsing the net this morning and just added one to the to do list (growing ever longer).

The “toegate scandal” was funny Shelly, I figured it had something to do with his picture. I’m rather surprised someone hasn’t sewn it into a quilt yet.

The free hand quilting (without frame) around the borders has proven easier than I had thought. I just keep reminding myself to stretch the fabric after each run to keep it tight. The ¼ I’d planned on turned out a bit bigger in order to miss the seams underneath, but that aside am encountering few problems. What I planned on spending a few days on should be done in a couple. It’s also giving me time to work on the running stitch a bit more since they are straight lines. I like the way it puckers a bit more than when in the frame, it makes my stitching more even provided I don’t get tense. The only spot that it’s a bit wonky is where I tried to hurry it a bit in the center before the string gave out. Silly really because the stitch will be waiting no matter when it gets done. It’s easy, “There is no timeline” is what I need to constantly remind myself. Sit back, relax and quilt.

I’m planning on using flannel for the batting in my next quilt and see if it hand stitches a little easier. Being in sunny California, I figure that the baby will need the heat of a poly filled quilt anyway.
:D